Most of you know Samsung as an electronics company. But did you know Samsung is more than that?
What if I told you that the world’s tallest skyscraper, Burj Khalifa, is built by Samsung? You probably didn’t know that.
You’re about to find out more in a meantime.
We hear a lot of Apple, Google, and Microsoft, but what about the company that started 38 years before Apple? We though it would be great if we pack up whole interesting stuff about Samsung into one single infographic.
To put things into perspective, we have designed and created the infographic so that you can learn some interesting facts visually. Have a look!
Share This Infographic On Your Site
How Big Is Samsung
Who would have known that the same company that leads the smartphone and television market also makes huge ships, military equipment, built the world’s tallest skyscraper, has a medical research center, a theme park?
Samsung is on top of the list of IT company to have spent the most money on research and development.
Have the new Samsung Galaxy Note 7? See the best cases for Galaxy Note 7 here.
The company runs diversified services and businesses that observe the best possible way to run it, which eventually help them become the market leaders.
Here’s the facts if you didn’t go through the infographic:
- The company’s name ‘Samsung’ means the ‘three stars’.
- In 2014, the total revenue of the company was $305 billion and the company spent $14 billion alone in advertising and marketing of its products.
- As of 2014, they’ve 489,000 employees world wide — that is more employees than Apple, Microsoft and Google combined.
- 17% of South Korea’s GDP is of Samsung.
- Initially, they sold groceries and noodles at the time they founded the company in 1938. After that they added securities and retail business in late 1950s.
- The wasn’t into the electronic business until 1970s — it’s the year when they produced first television, 12-inch black and white.
- The first ever commercial cell phone was sold over only 2,000 units.
- Samsung holds 22.4% smartphone market share (in 2015). They sold over 325 million smartphones in 2015. Apple sold 231 million units.
- They spent $14.1 billion for research and development while Apple spent $6 billion.
- The CPU chips of iPhone 4 series, iPhone 5 series and of some major iPad series was manufactured by Samsung.
- They held 95.8% of AMOLED display panel, and 27.5% of global TV market share in 2015.
- Samsung is composed of 80 different business including Samsung Heavy industries, which builds 30 vessels every year.
- Samsung made fighter jet, helicopters, and mobile artillery for South Korean army.
- They own South Korea’s largest theme park, Everland.
- They build some major skyscrapers including Burj Khalifa, Taipei 101, and Petronas Tower.
- Samsung donates $100 million to its non-profit medical center every year.
It’s pretty inspiring to see a company that started with one man dealing with noodles and local groceries turn into the huge diversified business. They started the business before World War II. The company only had 40 employees at first. Now, it has progressed to more than 489,000 employees working throughout the world.
Samsung continues to lead the market with its new products and services, but its competitors aren’t staying quiet.
Now that you know the true size of the company, you might see your Samsung smartphone or other appliances little bit differently.
Next read: 10 Best Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Cases